[Athen] Echo360 and Accessibility

Avi Chandiramani avi at sfsu.edu
Wed Jun 28 10:18:46 PDT 2017

Hi Kathleen,

Our campus no longer uses Echo 360, but we did perform an evaluation a few years ago. I’m attaching some materials from back then, but you should probably ask the vendor for updated information.

In looking at our notes, the “player” had a screen reader version but it had some accessibility issues so we ended up creating an Equally Effective Alternate Access Plan (EEAAP) for screen-reader and keyboard-only users. The product worked just fine for captioning and integrated well with our captioning vendor (AST).

If you need any more information, feel free to follow up with me directly.

Thanks,

Avi Chandiramani
Program Manager, Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI)
Disability Programs and Resource Center
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave, SSB 110
San Francisco, CA 94132