[Athen] Costs of DOJ Actions?

Rovner, Amy arovner at shoreline.edu
Sun Mar 5 15:26:06 PST 2017

Hello,

Please excuse any cross-posting...

I’m currently applying for funds to support our IT accessibility efforts on our campus. Beyond the compelling legal, ethical and social justice reasons for taking action, I think it would be helpful to have concrete examples of the high costs of waiting and having to make changes based upon a lawsuit/agreement with the DOJ and paying fines, etc.

Does anyone know a good source for such numbers? Or have any of your schools gone through such a remediation process and are willing to share (even ball park numbers) with me?

We are a medium sized community college with about 5000 annual FTE’s.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Amy Rovner, MPH RD
Instructional Designer