[Athen] Job Announcement Southwestern
gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Mar 7 18:32:00 PST 2017
Southwestern Community College is looking for a Technology Specialist for
Accessibility and Compliance
The position is 12 months, classified, and here is a link to the job
Below is an excerpt from the position:
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Chief Information Systems
Officer, perform a variety of specialized duties involved in identifying and
recommending potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG)
2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, and other accessibility related laws
for Electronic and Information Technology (EIT).
1. Provide advice on the development and implementation of processes to meet
institutional compliance with laws, regulations, and established technical
standards related to access technology, including but not limited to,
Section 508, W3C WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards, and ADA.
2. Assist campus departments, divisions, and/or administrative units in
identifying and incorporating access needs and regulatory compliance in
their comprehensive planning process.
3. Audit current EIT on campus, including Higher Education Center (HEC)
sites, and make recommendations for compliance with accessibility laws,
regulations, and standards.
4. Audit online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses for compliance with
accessibility laws and regulations such as Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Level AA
accessibility standards; make recommendations for compliance.
5. Audit Publisher and other propriety websites and materials for compliance
with accessibility standards as established in laws and regulations such as
Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Level AA; make recommendations to ensure compliance
with these and related laws, regulations and standards.
6. Review new Distance Education (DE) course proposals for accessibility and
compliance with Section 508 and related laws and regulations; provide
originating instructors with a checklist and resources to bring course into
7. Develop and offer educational opportunities for faculty and staff in the
use of universal design and accessibility techniques.
8. Provide training, resources, and support for faculty to ensure accessible
course design, instructional materials, and EIT; may provide other
technology training as needed.
9. Provide training, resources, and support to faculty and staff to ensure
websites and webpages meet accessibility compliance standards.
10. Coordinate captioning services in conjunction with Disability Support
Services (DSS) including advertising service to faculty, integrating
captioning services into faculty multimedia accounts, managing captioning
requests, and maintaining records.
11. Review and test third-party electronic and information technology
Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) for accessibility compliance
including publisher websites requiring an access code.
12. Recommend accessibility standards for software, equipment, and
13. Create and maintain a list of approved third party applications,
websites, and vendors for use by faculty, staff, Curriculum Committee, and
14. Recommend installation and configuration of approved access technology
equipment and software across campus.
15. Participate in installing and configuring upgrades to existing access
technology that enhances continuous operation, desired performance, and
16. Provide statistical reports based on service delivery, problem
resolution, and trends in EIT.
17. Assist in performing research and development with new technology that
may be suitable for implementation within the District; participate in all
aspects of implementation including developing and providing training.
18. Participate on college committees/organizational units to make
recommendations on accessibility compliance; may participate on other
technology committees as directed.
19. Maintain current knowledge of industry advances and changes to related
laws and regulations; research and evaluate accessibility changes on
multiplatform computer operating systems, software applications, and
emerging software applications; monitor and advise on new or changing laws
and technical standards related to accessibility of EIT and online course
20. Design and provide training, training materials, training exercises, job
aids and support for multi-platform computer operating systems, general
software applications, web-authoring software applications, instructional
technologies, and institutionally supported specialized applications
(operational and administrative).
21. Assess and set priorities for user training needs for web accessibility,
media content, and other technology related topics such as Smart Classrooms
and labs; learn software accessibility applications to teach and support
users; plan, coordinate, schedule and promote training.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list