[Athen] textbook scanning without cutting up the book?

Bossley, Peter A. bossley.5 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:24:33 PDT 2017

Greetings, ATHEN list,
Our accessible media creation team is wondering if there are any good solutions for scanning books rapidly that don't require us to cut the binding off a book.
There is a push to use student provided textbooks instead of our DS office purchasing the text, but our practice of cutting the binding off the book would seem to be contraindicated in that case.
Any information or solutions you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Our research indicates that some scanning solutions of this type are on the market but of course we are wondering about their reliability / quality at scale.
Best,

[The Ohio State University]
Peter Bossley
Director, Digital Accessibility Center
ADA Coordinator's Office | Office of University Compliance and Integrity
Student Life Disability Services
098 Baker Hall, 113 W. 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1760 Office
bossley.5 at osu.edu<mailto:bossley.5 at osu.edu> accessibility.osu.edu<http://accessibility.osu.edu/>