[Athen] correct terminology -- audio description or video description

Sheryl E. Burgstahler sherylb at uw.edu
Wed May 3 07:54:26 PDT 2017

Is “video description” completely accurate?

First of all, what we are talking about is audio; the purpose of the audio is to describe content presented visually in a video presentation. This description leads me to prefer “audio description."

(grin) However, I can argue pros and cons for each terminology!!! As you can tell I have given this topic way to much attention…I know, get a life, Sheryl.

Sheryl