[Athen] reading aloud mathematics

Kevin Andrews kejandre at ucsc.edu
Thu May 4 16:40:17 PDT 2017

HI fellow pros! I have a student who is gradually losing their sight, and
as a result, is asking for an an e-reader of some type that could read
aloud equations for calculus and physics such as derivatives, integrals,
and Greek letter (which are used constantly). I don't even know if it
exists because the math is quite complex. Is this something we could
accomplish with something like Math ML and Math Type? I am not a
math-minded person myself, but rather I'm inquiring as our office's AT
Coordinator and am admittedly very rocky in this specific area. Any
insights is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

--
Best,

Kevin Andrews
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Accessible Technology Coordinator
Disability Resource Center
University of California, Santa Cruz
Website: drc.ucsc.edu

Direct Line: 831 459-1262

Please allow 24 hours for a response. For immediate needs, contact the DRC
main line by phone at 831-459-2089.

Confidentiality Notice:This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information.If you are not the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this
communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or
copying of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by
replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.