[Athen] Blackboard Ally and captioning

Joseph Sherman Joseph.Sherman at cuny.edu
Mon May 22 08:32:18 PDT 2017

Looking for thoughts: Given the current understanding that course content that is not public doesn't need to be accessible until an accommodation is requested, how are folks justifying large outlays of cash for things like universal captioning and Blackboard Ally? It's got to be cheaper to rush caption and fix for accommodations than slow caption and fix everything when we have thousands of courses.

Ideally, I'd want and love for all content to be captioned and completely accessible from the start. But I can't propose spending money we don't have without a really good reason.

Joseph