[Athen] FW: Help us get MathML support in Microsoft's Edge Browser

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Mon Sep 18 15:40:24 PDT 2017

Subject: Help us get MathML support in Microsoft's Edge Browser

Hello everyone,

A few of us here in the DIAGRAM community have been hard at work coming up with the best way to get accessible math into EPUB and Microsoft’s new Edge web browser has the ability to open EPUBs. Unfortunately MathML is currently not supported in Edge and we would like Microsoft to expose the MathML contained within the EPUB (or mathML on the web itself) to Assistive Technology. There is a feature request to do this and we need your help to help vote for this feature to get implemented. Here is the link to the issue <https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/257854-microsoft-edge-developer/suggestions/6508572-mathml> and where you can vote to get their developers to implement this much needed accessibility feature. Once you are on this page just click on the Vote button and put in your name and email address and if you wouldn’t mind selecting the 3 votes option to help us get this approved quickly.

Thank you for your vote on this!

Charles LaPierre
Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible

EOM

E-mail: charlesl at benetech.org
Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y
Skype: charles_lapierre