[Athen] Information on JOb Descriptions and audits

Sean Keegan skeegan at ccctechcenter.org
Thu Sep 21 18:25:28 PDT 2017

> Who does accessibility audits?

I can share information with you off-line.

While I am very supportive of vendors participating on the ATHEN list, I do
want to provide a gentle reminder that if you do provide/wish to offer such
accessibility services please respond to such questions privately to the
original author. The ATHEN list is not available for such marketing
purposes.

> Job Descriptions for an Access person on campus

There are some job descriptions at the ATHEN site:
https://athenpro.org/content/job-descriptions

I have also created a list of job descriptions on the CCC Accessibility
Center website:
https://www.cccaccessibility.org/administration/personnel

The majority of these positions listed above are under the IT umbrella or
have a split the budget between IT and disability services. While I know
some schools can make a split budget work due to the campus culture and
organizational hierarchy, I have also seen this become very problematic in
terms of a reporting structure and who has to pay for resources.

My opinion is that there needs to be a dedicated accessibility resource
within IT services. To ensure coordination, form a committee or working
group between IT and disability services (and other campus groups - such as
instructional/academic technology services, etc.).

Take care,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Director, Accessibility
California Community Colleges Technology Center
CCC Accessibility Center - http://cccaccessibility.org/