[Athen] Screen Reader & Browser Combination Versions

Tristen Breitenfeldt tristenbreitenfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:24:04 PDT 2018

Hello Deb,

I can answer this question. The screen reader/browser combinations you
should use for testing are as follows:

Edge + Narrator

Internet Explorer + JAWS

Google Chrome + NVDA

Google Chrome + JAWS

Firefox + JAWS

Firefox + NVDA

Safari (Mac OS X and iOS) + Voice Over

Please Note: Firefox went through a significant update to Firefox Quantum a
few months ago and screen reader performance has been unreliable on this
browser since the update. I think many screen reader users learned to
either stop using Firefox altogether, or they downgraded to the ESR
(Extended Support Release). I am not aware of whether or not screen readers
are working better with Firefox Quantum yet.

I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Tristen Breitenfeldt

Accessibility Tester