[Athen] designing an accessible map of our campus

Debbie Krahmer dkrahmer at colgate.edu
Tue Aug 14 07:00:56 PDT 2018

I used TouchMapper to create a couple small, useable tactile maps for our
campus. It depends on whether your campus has a good map on Open Street
Map, though. https://touch-mapper.org/en/

They printed out very nicely on a 3D printer if you have one, or I think
you can order them from the site.

We were also looking at using a software called MeshMixer to create the 3d
printable map by hand, but TouchMapper worked out much better for us.

Thanks,
D.

Debbie Krahmer
Preferred Pronouns: My name/no pronouns
Associate Professor in the Libraries
Accessible Technology & Government Documents Librarian
304 Case-Geyer
Colgate University
315-228-6592
dkrahmer at colgate.edu