[Athen] Welcome to new ATHEN Executive Committee Members

ATHEN President athenpresident at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 11:46:57 PST 2018

Hello ATHEN members,

It was a pleasure to see many of you at the ATHEN Annual Meeting at the
Accessing Higher Ground Conference. To those who were unable to make it,
you were well represented by your peers at the Annual Meeting and I hope we
may be able to connect at a future event.

As the outgoing President, I would like to announce the results of the
recent ATHEN election and the new Executive Committee Members:

Incoming President: Dawn Hunziker
Secretary: No member elected
Member-at-Large: Wink Harner

Additionally, the vice-president role was vacated due to a resignation. The
ATHEN Executive Committee will be running a special election for both the
Secretary and the Vice-President positions. Please look for an announcement
requesting nominations for those positions.

This is an excellent opportunity to get involved. Your current and incoming
Executive Committee members can use your help - so nominate yourself or
someone else!

For those who signed up and indicated a desire to engage with a current
ATHEN working group (e.g., Teresa Haven scholarship, Ron Stewart
Professional Development Award, video curation project, etc.), you will be
contacted in early January via email. We look forward to your assistance in
these projects.

Thank you again for your participation. I have enjoyed my time as President
of the organization. I know you will continue your support of the incoming
Executive Committee and your involvement in the ATHEN organization.

Take care,
Sean

ATHEN Past-President