[Athen] Articulate 360 and accessibility

Christine Robinson crobinson at ggc.edu
Mon Feb 26 06:30:53 PST 2018

Hi all -
Can anyone out there give me information about the accessibility features of the authoring tool, Articulate 360?
I've been playing around with one of the apps, Storyline 360, and so far I like its features for adding interactivity to training modules. However, I'm concerned about the degree to which published content would be accessible.
I see that Storyline 360 has some accessibility features built in, such as the ability to add alt text for graphics, and also the ability to elect whether a graphic object is visible to accessibility tools. The latter seems like a great feature, to keep screen readers from bothering about images that are purely decorative.
However, particularly with some of Storyline's "Interactive Objects" like buttons, sliders, and hotspots, I wonder how navigable these are for screen readers.
If you have experience using the Articulate 360 suite, please share! I like this software's features but I don't want to publish with it unless it's accessible.
Many thanks,
Chris
Christine Robinson | Technical Trainer/Writer | Center for Teaching Excellence
Georgia Gwinnett College | 1000 University Center Lane | Lawrenceville, GA 30043