[Athen] Update on Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group
rsthompson2 at ua.edu
Tue Jan 30 06:19:08 PST 2018
Here's an update on the January meeting of the ATHEN-Blackboard Accessibility interest group. If you would like more information or to be added to the group's listserv, contact me (rsthompson2 at ua.edu<mailto:rsthompson2 at ua.edu>) or Lori Lane (lorilane at illinois.edu<mailto:lorilane at illinois.edu>).
From: Lane, Lori [mailto:lorilane at illinois.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 10:19 AM
To: blackboard-access-l at lists.illinois.edu<mailto:blackboard-access-l at lists.illinois.edu>
Subject: Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group - January discussion and February agenda
Hello Blackboard A11y-Minded Folks,
We met last week on January 24, 2018 to discuss what we would like to accomplish with our group this year. We came up with a list of different topics:
* Show and tell re. accessibility guidance for online courses in Blackboard
* How are our campuses structured with regard to disability support services, central IT, instructional tech groups, faculty support (How to establish collaborations, how to make connections, iron out procedures)
* Share what we do for conversion of course materials
* New Bb person to talk about their initiatives - (possibly Elizabeth Simister)
* Share experiences implementing Blackboard Ally
* Surveying members re. assistive technology tool so we can help Bb and assistive tech and other vendors with future development, share our good and bad experiences with Bb and AT tools
Elizabeth Simister accepted our invitation to present with us on February 28 to talk about their Blackboard's latest initiatives and accessibility road map at 11:00 AM. Please put this on your calendar!
Date: February 28, 2018
* Pacific time: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
* Mountain time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
* Central time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
* Eastern time: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Invitation to Blackboard Collaborate session:
To join the teleconference only:
Call-in number: 571-392-7703
Participant PIN: 264 671 312 393
To join the session, please click on the link below within 15 minutes of the session start time.
Join the Blackboard Collaborate session, the following new guest link:
Once the link has activated, please enter your name in the field and submit it to proceed.
See you all next month!
IT Accessibility Specialist in Universal Design, M.Ed.
Instructional Design & e-Learning certificate
Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology and Accessibility
The Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama
A207 Gordon Palmer Hall
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
rsthompson2 at ua.edu<mailto:rsthompson2 at ua.edu> | http://accessibility.ua.edu<http://accessibility.ua.edu/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list