[Athen] Seeking recommendations for accessible LMS?

Kenneth Elkind kelkind at bhcc.mass.edu
Fri Mar 2 05:43:55 PST 2018

With the creation of Learning management software we have had accessibility problems that they in the beginning and persisted the last 15 years. I have a student who has requested the use of Dragon NaturallySpeaking and was informed by the publisher that Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Zoomtext were not accessible. Some have partial accessibility for Jaws, but not independent use of jaws for the student. What publisher has the best accessibility access? What recommendations do you have?

Cheers!

Kenneth Elkind
Disability Support Services
Bunker Hill Community College