[Athen] Mac Text to Speech ("Read Aloud") no longer available?

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 19 12:58:20 PDT 2018

When working with students with Macs, I've always sent them a link to the instructions for using their Macs to read short pieces, in addition to giving them Kurzweil. I met with a student today, and went to send the link I usually use, and...it's a 404. And all my searching on google only brings up years-old instructions for using the technology.

Has Apple suddenly removed this functionality from Mac OS? I can't believe that they would have, but it appears to be gone. Anyone have any information to say otherwise?

(I am not talking about VoiceOver)

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder