[Athen] MathML without Mathtype

Noble,Stephen L. steve.noble at louisville.edu
Wed Sep 12 04:47:05 PDT 2018

You can use Microsoft's native equation editor (without MathType) to insert equations into a PowerPoint presentation. These equations in PowerPoint use Office Math Markup Language (OMML), and since Microsoft Office has MathML input/output (via an XSL stylesheet), you can get MathML out. However, there's no AT that I know of that can do anything with equations of any kind in PowerPoint, other than NVDA when MathType and MathPlayer are installed on your computer. Central Access Reader does support OMML in Word, but not PowerPoint.

Hope that helps.

--Steve Noble

steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088
http://louisville.academia.edu/SteveNoble<https://exchange.louisville.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=CdhMttRtdkSZAY1GqZCRu5k28cp7bNAIPUU6wKc1De8y-_GlninyxASwkrwRp4PfcJ9J6C2iqrk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2flouisville.academia.edu%2fSteveNoble>