[Athen] DOE/DOJ webpage "not found"

Debbie Krahmer dkrahmer at colgate.edu
Mon Aug 19 08:10:06 PDT 2019

The other pages (search results page 2 and page 3, didn't go further than
that) were loading fine in Firefox, too. (I'm running Firefox 68.0.2 64-bit
for PC)

Thanks,
D.
______________
Debbie Krahmer
Preferred Pronouns: My name/no pronouns
Associate Professor in the Libraries
Accessible Technology & Government Documents Librarian
304 Case-Geyer
Colgate University
315-228-6592
dkrahmer at colgate.edu

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM Wink Harner <foreigntype at gmail.com> wrote:

> Debbie et al

> Thanks for the tip on the browser. I'll check later today at my end and if

> they're working for me, I'll make sure to include the tip to the students

> about which browser works best for these specific links.

> BTW did you check the links beyond the front facing landing page? I could

> get the landing page to load fine, but for all of the other links, I was

> unable to find any page to load.

> Thanks again for checking!

> Wink

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019, 5:41 AM Debbie Krahmer <dkrahmer at colgate.edu> wrote:

>> I can get the links to work fine in Firefox, but for some reason Chrome

>> keeps coming up with the error messages. There's been some issues with some

>> other government sites that weren't functioning with Chrome or Firefox (for

>> example, most of the FDLP services have to be accessed with Internet

>> Explorer for some reason now). Maybe it has to do with a browser update

>> that doesn't sit right with the server?

>> Thanks,

>> D.

>> ______________

>> Debbie Krahmer

>> Preferred Pronouns: My name/no pronouns

>> Associate Professor in the Libraries

>> Accessible Technology & Government Documents Librarian

>> 304 Case-Geyer

>> Colgate University

>> 315-228-6592

>> dkrahmer at colgate.edu

>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 4:19 PM Wink Harner <foreigntype at gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>>> Heidi et al,

>>> Thanks. I tried that one yesterday. Try it and see what you get.

>>> This is the message I get: This site can’t be reached

>>> The connection was reset.

>>> Try:

>>> Checking the connection

>>> It is not my connection. None of the links on the public facing page

>>> work at present.

>>> I found an historical URL link which at least has the info I needed!What

>>> Wink

>>> wrote:

>>> Hey Wink,

>>> The only link that I know of that works is to the page on Students with

>>> Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and

>>> Responsibilities:

>>> https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html

>>> Not sure if that provides what you're looking for but maybe??

>>> Heidi

>>> Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC

>>> Associate Director - AT

>>> *she, her, hers*

>>> Center for Educational Access at the University of Arkansas

>>> 1 University of Arkansas, ARKU 209

>>> Fayetteville, AR 72701

>>> 479.575.3104 phone

>>> 479.575.7445 fax