[Athen] Converting instructor hand-written annotations to text for screen readers

Edwards, Mel meledwards at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 6 05:26:56 PST 2019

Hi, Everyone.
I have the need to convert instructor hand-written annotations to text for screen readers.
Specifically, instructor hand write on their PPT slides when lecturing, and these lectures are taped live and closed captions.
Ideally, the lecture has the instructor explaining what is going on with his/her handwriting, but not always.
We are planning to capture these annotations in text so they can be read by a screen reader.

I would appreciate knowing how others do this, especially if the process is free and easy.
Thank you in advance for your insight and assistance.

-Ms. Mel. Edwards, MA, CAPM
Lead Instructional Designer
Purdue University
155 S Grant St, Room 437