[Athen] Feedback and suggested edits welcome!

Sheryl E. Burgstahler sherylb at uw.edu
Thu Jul 18 09:54:57 PDT 2019

At tinyurl.com/accesscyber20-wp
you will find a paper we are working on with a large collaborative team of stakeholders associated with cyberlearning (i.e., learning opportunities that make use of information technology) research and practice. Many of our collaborators work on projects funded by the National Science Foundation under the program titled "Cyberlearning for Work at the Human-Technology Frontier" (https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504984). Our project, AccessCyberlearning 2.0, is funded by this program (see https://www.washington.edu/doit/programs/accesscyberlearning/overview).

The draft title of the document is "White Paper: Designing Accessible Cyberlearning: Current State and Pathway Forward.” It will be finalized by the end of August and posted on a central website supported by NSF and meant to guide future cyberlearning research and practice.

We encourage input from a diverse audience, so please suggest ways in which we can make this document more useful by entering suggestions within the Google Doc or sending email to me directly. [Note that this short draft paper links to a more comprehensive document that we will post on our own AccessCyberlearning 2.0 website by August 31. You can also give us suggestions for that draft in addition to the white paper.]

Thanks in advance to those who take us up on this offer!

Sheryl

Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Director, UW Accessible Technology & DO-IT, UW-IT
Affiliate Professor, Education
University of Washington, Box 354842
Seattle, WA 98195
206-543-0622 FAX 206-221-4171