[Athen] Word for Mac headings question

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Thu Jul 25 07:13:52 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We have been contacted by an instructor who is trying to make her documents accessible. She uses a Mac, and when she creates a document in Word on the Mac and then saves it as a PDF, the headings do not carry over. I recall this being discussed in the past but can’t recall if there is a fix. Any ideas are most welcome.

I found an article that suggested opening the Word document in Google Docs, going through the documents and ensuring all headings were there, and then downloading the document as a PDF. I haven’t tried this to see if it works, but would like a less complicated method, if there is one.

Thanks all.

Russell