[Athen] Radio and TV Production tools for screen reader

George Kerscher kerscher at montana.com
Fri Jun 7 13:58:51 PDT 2019

Hello,

For audio editing, the free and open source software Obi from the DAISY
Consortium is outstanding for audio editing. It has been developed and
maintained by a blind software developer. Unfortunately it is only available
for Windows.

While it is designed for the creation of digital talking books, the audio
editing features can be used for radio editing, podcast development, etc. It
has features that identify small chunks of silences or things like "uh" and
allows those to be deleted quickly.

http://www.daisy.org/project/obi

Best
George