[Athen] free accessible EPUB reader?

Michael Nakai michaelnakai at weber.edu
Mon Mar 4 09:50:10 PST 2019

Most of our students that need this are savvy enough to use a Mac and iOS
with VoiceOver. To that, they use iBooks as it works with
VoiceOver
Also, for students in our office, we offer access to Kurzweil 3000/Firefly
which also has built in EPUB support.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 6:06 AM Karlen Communications <
info at karlencommunications.com> wrote:

> Hi:

> It’s been a long time since I taught how to create Daisy books and knew

> what readers were accessible.

> I’m taking a look at EPUB and I’ve created a book from one of my

> tutorials. I now want to read it, but didn’t want to use the Calibre

> viewer/the app I used to create the book as I want to see how it reads in

> another viewer.

> Any suggestions on a free but good EPUB reader that is accessible? What

> are students and faculty using?

> Cheers, Karen

Michael Nakai
Adaptive Technology

*Weber State University Disability Services*
3885 West Campus Drive Dept 1129
Ogden, Utah 84408-1129
(801) 626-6413