[Athen] Explore Digital Access & Equity At the Nineteenth Annual Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion & Disability

Lissner, Scott lissner.2 at osu.edu
Sun Mar 3 21:24:06 PST 2019

Explore Digital Access & Equity
Four of Twenty-Six Sessions
at the Nineteenth Annual
Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion & Disability<https://ada.osu.edu/2019-conference>
April 8th & 9th, 2019 Registration opens later this week
April 7th Preconference SDS at OSU<https://ada.osu.edu/2019-multiple-perspectives-conference/sds-pre-conference-and-strand>

Student Poster Submissions are due no later than March 15, 2019 <https://ada.osu.edu/2019-multiple-perspectives-conference/poster-competition>

Tuesday April 9th, 2019: Explore access to the digitl world at Multiple Perspectives on OSU’s Columbus Campus

· 8:30AM (Conference Concurrent Session)
Creating Institutional buy-in for Digital Accessibility Plan. Erin Salva & Emily Wise

· 10:45AM (Conference Concurrent Session)
Digital Accessibility Overview. Pete Bossley

· 2:00PM (Conference Concurrent Session))

Digital Accessibility Evaluations: how to tell if something is accessible. Pete Bossley

· 3:15 PM (Free Public Event)
Broadening the Digital World: Balancing Inclusion & Innovation, The Ethel Louis Armstrong Lecture on Disability Culture* Presented by Eve Hill<https://www.browngold.com/attorneys/pdfs/eve_hill.pdf> and Tom Sikora<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-sikora/>.

Whether at school, work or play we are spending time in the digital world. Websites, APPs and social media are an integral part of our culture; we can all agree that ensuring independent, timely, and seamless access for all members of our digital community is the right thing to do - but how do we get there?

Join Eve Hill<https://www.browngold.com/attorneys/pdfs/eve_hill.pd>, Co-Lead for Inclusivity<https://inclusivity.consulting/%3e> and Tom Sikora<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-sikora/>, Director of Accessibility at Workday<https://www.workday.com/#menu> for a dialogue exploring the meaning and value of digital inclusion as well as the pragmatics of how to move toward that goal. A moderated discussion and audience questions will identify the parameters for a thoughtful, balanced, sustainable approach; describe the commitment and the resources necessary to ensure seamless access; and begin to answer the question, “How do we get there?”

*This year’s Ethel Louise Armstrong Lecture is part of the 2018 COMPAS<https://cehv.osu.edu/technology> series focusing on Technology. The series promotes sustained reflection on the ethical challenges that unify various projects within Ohio State's Discovery Themes Initiative; providing a model of informed and constructive discussion that is too often absent from public discourse and that universities are in a unique position to promote..

Hosted by The Ohio State University’s ADA Coordinator’s Office<https://ada.osu.edu/%3e> the Multiple Perspectives Conference is made possible thanks to the generosity of the Ethel Louise Armstrong Endowment Fund and ongoing support from The Ohio State University. Current partners include The Society For Disability Studies<http://disstudies.org/> and numerous offices within The Ohio State University:
* The Multicultural Center<http://mcc.osu.edu/>
* Disability Studies<https://disabilitystudies.osu.edu/>
* The Center for Ethics and Human Values<ttps://cehv.osu.edu/><
* Transitions Options in Postsecondary Settings<http://nisonger.osu.edu/adult/adult-clinics-services/tops/what-is-tops/> (TOPS)
* Disability Studies Graduate Student Association<https://disabilitystudies.osu.edu/gsa>
* Student Life Disability Services<https://slds.osu.edu/>
* The Department of Comparative Studies<ttps://comparativestudies.osu.edu/>
* Project Narrative<https://projectnarrative.osu.edu/>
* The Office of Diversity and Inclusion<https://odi.osu.edu/>