[Athen] Low-cost quick accessibility solutions training

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Fri Sep 6 08:46:59 PDT 2019

On August 16, I attended a free training at Easter Seals Crossroads that was just amazing. It was Dr. Therese Wilkomm presenting on what I would describe as becoming an AT maker. Her books
Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes: Book 1
https://www.amazon.com > Assistive-Technology-Solutions-Minutes-Book
Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes II: Ordinary Items
https://iodbookstore.org > assistive-technology-solutions-in-minutes-ii-ordi...

are described as low-cost approaches for taking ordinary items and turning them into extraordinary solutions for individuals with disabilities.

Book 2 includes a DVD if you buy it in print. It has QR codes for the materials she uses. Book 2 is also on Bookshare and available for most ebook platforms. Book1 can be found used from many sellers.

Her Youtube channel is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOhlN8JnAwdYrhWEdWpmE3g

Lastly is a link to the archives of this and other trainings Easter Seals Crossroads provides:
https://www.eastersealstech.com/fulldayarchives/

--Debee