[Athen] Has ANYONE had success getting math to read on a Mac...and how...

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 12 09:29:26 PDT 2019

Okay, I've now tried it all. I have a low vision student in math/computer science that refuses to switch to a Windows machine or to use any type of screenreader. I've tried every available file type in every available browser and application.

Epub3 in ibooks with Voiceover (it skips punctuation or adds random punctuation and I can't figure out how to more finely tune the verbosity)
Word with MathType in Word
MathML in Safari (I get a javascript error)
MathML in Firefox (won't open, just sits and spins)

Help help help!!

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder