[Athen] Marking Table Headers in Word

Joseph Sherman Joseph.Sherman at cuny.edu
Fri Sep 20 06:58:48 PDT 2019

Hi all. In Word 2016 there are at least two ways of marking headers cells. In the Table design tab, you can select the box for "Header Row" in the Table Style Options. In the Table Layout tab, you can select the option to "Repeat Header Rows".

My question is whether it is best to use one method over the other, or should we use both? When I run the Word accessibility checker it flags as Error when "Repeat Header Rows" is not checked, even if "Header Row" style is checked. Has this changed in Word 365 or 2019?

Thanks.

Joseph