[Athen] McGraw Hill Inclusive Access

Kurkjian, Nazely Nazely.Kurkjian at suny.edu
Tue Apr 14 10:23:54 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to ask if anyone has experience with McGraw Hill's Inclusive Access<https://www.mheducation.com/highered/inclusive-access.html> partnership. It is my understanding that students would pay a fee to access a wealth of instructional materials (various digital content including adaptive learning platforms). This would be in place of purchasing textbooks. McGraw Hill claims to be making efforts to ensure all new content conforms with WCAG 2.0 AA. I'm not sure how much "new" content is available through this program. Further, their accessibility webpage seems to imply that some of their content is not accessible, and alternate formats may be requested. This appears to be in line with the traditional alt format process. What do they consider an "accessible digital file"? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Nazely

[circle]<http://www.suny.edu/>
Nazely Kurkjian, CPACC (she, her, hers)
Coordinator of Disability, Diversity, and Nontraditional Student Services
EIT Accessibility Officer
The State University of New York
State University Plaza - Albany, New York 12246
Tel: 518.445.4078 Fax: 518.320.1557
Be a part of Generation SUNY: Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/generationsuny> - Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/SUNY> - YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/generationsuny>