[Athen] FERPA compliance and Zoom

webs0078 at umn.edu webs0078 at umn.edu
Wed Feb 19 05:57:19 PST 2020

Zoom does have a FERPA Compliance Guide. <https://zoom.us/docs/doc/FERPA%20Guide.pdf> You may also find this article on enabling Zoom’s end-to-end encryption <https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362723-End-to-end-Encryption-for-Meetings> helpful. At the University of Minnesota we have regular Zoom users and HCC Zoom users. HCC users have a slightly different version of Zoom that adheres to HIPAA guidelines. Nothing separate for FERPA.

Amanda Ryan
Academic Technologist | Institute on Community Integration | ici.umn.edu <http://govrelations.umn.edu/>
University of Minnesota | umn.edu <http://umn.edu/>
webs0078 at umn.edu <mailto:anedoe at umn.edu> | 612-626-0246