[Athen] Is it possible to read subtitles with a screen reader?

Bossley, Peter A. bossley.5 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 7 20:16:33 PST 2020

Screen readers will (sometimes) read captions and subtitles that are played as part of the video player e.g. that have been added by the video's author. However, many subtitles in foreign language videos are burned into the videos themselves. In that case, there is no way to read them using a screen reader.