[Athen] [EXT] AT for student with low vision

Robert Beach rbeach at KCKCC.EDU
Fri Jan 17 16:04:22 PST 2020

For magnifying at a distance, supervision plus works really well on mobile devices. I’ve had several students use it in the classroom for looking at things on the board. I’m not sure if it’s a complete enough solution for you, but it’s one to think about.

________________________________
From: athen-list <athen-list-bounces at mailman12.u.washington.edu> on behalf of Lavey,Shannon <Shannon.Lavey at colostate.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:47:17 AM
To: 'athen-list at u.washington.edu' <athen-list at u.washington.edu>
Subject: [EXT][Athen] AT for student with low vision

CAUTION: This email originated outside KCKCC. Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe. Please forward all suspicious emails to support at kckcc.edu.

Hello ATHEN friends!

Could I get your recommendations and ideas on some AT to support a student with low vision? We are specifically looking for accessible graphing calculator options - either iOS apps, software (student has a Mac) or a physical calculator.

Also, do you have recommendations for AT that can be used in the classroom to magnify content on the board or front of the classroom? We have the Transformer but I am wondering about other options that have worked for your students.

Thanks for the help!

Shannon

Shannon Lavey, MS, OTR/L

Student Service Coordinator

[Assistive Technology Resource Center Colorado State University]

Room 301, Occupational Therapy Building

P: 970-491-4241

shannon.lavey at colostate.edu<mailto:shannon.lavey at colostate.edu>

Assistive Technology Resource Center<http://atrc.colostate.edu/>