[Athen] Screen Reader Compatibility with Virtual Machines

Kitara Smith Kitara.Smith at umuc.edu
Wed Jan 29 07:07:21 PST 2020

Good Morning everyone,

I work at an online institution which utilizes LEO as a LMS system. Within our classrooms, we provide students access to a virtual machine (or desktop) in order for them to access additional software and labs they may need in their classes. Has anyone have experienced compatibility issues with screen readers and these virtual machines (desktops)?

Also, has anyone had experience working with visually impaired students in a Cybersecurity program? Which types of programs does your institution's cybersecurity programs use? Have you had issues with the compatibility of these programs with screen readers?

Any information anyone has is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kitara A. Smith
Access Technology & Access Training Manager
ADA Compliance
Resolution Management
Office of Diversity & Equity
Phone: 301-985-7432