[Athen] University of Toledo Hiring Leadership Position for Digital
Enjie.Hall at utoledo.edu
Thu Jul 9 15:12:46 PDT 2020
Please help disseminate this posting to your networks.
Associate Director Digital Accessibility and Information Technology Auditor
Posting Period: 7/2/2020 -- 7/16/2020
Reporting to the Director of Campus Accessibility and Student Disability Services who oversees digital technology accessibility and compliance with disability
laws, regulations, and policies, this position will support The University of Toledo's campus wide technology and digital accessibility compliance program.
This position will serve as a deputy ADA compliance Officer. Under general direction, in support of the University's disability inclusion and equity initiatives,
the associate director will serve as the Senior technical subject matter expert and provide expertise to the university community on the acquisition, development,
and implementation of accessible technology, digital information and services. The associate director will manage the day to day operations of the accessible
technology/media center. This position will provide guidance, consultation, and training to campus units, vendors, and other parties in interpreting, understanding,
and applying applicable university policies/procedures as well as standards for accessibility. This position will perform audits to ensure processes, procedures,
and plans for compliance are consistent with the technology Accessibility Policy. This position will, under direct supervision, investigate complaints
under the technology Accessibility Policy as well as lead efforts for the resolution of the complaints.
This position will also serve as the University's information technology auditor, and will also be accountable to the Executive Director of Internal Audit
and Chief Compliance Officer. In this capacity, the successful candidate will examine records of departments and interview individuals to ensure recording
of transactions, compliance with laws and regulations, and efficiency and protective value, and perform steps or tests from written programs. The information
technology auditor will document work performed by completing detailed working papers, prepare written reports and summaries of assignments, and document
the results of each step; summarize effect of each step on the overall assignment. Further, the information technology auditor will study and evaluate
systems to determine their efficiency and effectiveness, and examine and verify financial statement transactions. Finally, the information technology
auditor will develop, execute, and maintain the results of, automated tools identifying unusual transactions requiring further review ("continuous controls
monitoring"), and maintain a high level of competence in using all University data mining and report-writing tools.
list of 12 items
* Bachelor's degree in computer science and engineering, information systems management, or related field or equivalent experience
* Three years experience creating and implementing new processes in an Information Technology environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Deep understanding of the ADA and other laws and accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.1 as well as tools to aid in digital accessibility evaluation
* An understanding and passion for accessibility issues
* Proven ability to set and meet targets
* Experience working with developers to guide development of accessible user interfaces
* Experience testing for and remediation of accessibility barriers in Web, Mobile, and Native applications
* Experience and in-depth knowledge for using assistive technology including screen readers on windows and Mac OSX and mobile OSX platforms
* Background and experience in assessing business risk and internal controls in a technology-based setting.
* Deep experience in using data analytics tools and programming languages to manipulate large quantities of data, resulting in meaningful management reporting.
list of 3 items
* Evidence of progressive leadership and supervisory experience
* Three years of experience in a higher education environment
* Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Internal Auditor, or other professional auditing or risk certifications.
Director of Campus Accessibility and Student Disability Services
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance Officer
Internal Audit and Compliance: Student Disability Services
1820 Rocket Hall, Mail Stop 342
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390
enjie.hall at utoledo.edu<mailto:enjie.hall at utoledo.edu>
[University of Toledo Logo]
NOTICE: This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C._2510-2521, is confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 35165 bytes
More information about the athen-list