[Athen] online calendars

Jay Wilson wils1627 at umn.edu
Thu Jul 16 08:39:44 PDT 2020

Hello Heidi,
We have been in a multi-year conversation with Calendly. Calendly does have
some barriers in some areas, but is getting closer to accessible (were the
closest we could find), and have committed to full accessibility compliance
by December.

We have been piloting the use in the meantime, and while screenreader
accessibility on the staff set-up side has some issues, the cognitive and
time management accessibility (our more common access barriers for students
and staff) have been significant.

*Jay Wilson, **M.S.W.*
Senior Access Consultant
*Disability Resource Center
<https://diversity.umn.edu/disability/home> - Student Access
<https://diversity.umn.edu/disability/studentservices>*
*UMN *- Twin Cities
Pronouns <https://www.mypronouns.org/>: Prefer my name (he/him/his also
OK)
<http://www.resna.org/about/consumer-and-public-information>

Check out the DRC Facebook page <http://www.facebook.com/disabilityUMN> for
updates, news, culture, and community.

Registered students may schedule on my online calendar
<https://calendly.com/wils1627>. If you don't see a time that works for
you, please let me know when you are available.

Please note: All DRC staff are working remotely until further notice. The
best way to reach us is by email. All appointments and meetings are held
remotely by phone or video conference (Zoom or Google Hangout).

DRC Spring Remote Drop-in Hours: Monday - Friday: 11 AM - 12 PM and 1 PM -
3 PM

To use drop-in, please email us at drc at umn.edu. To reach us by phone,
please call 612-626-1333 and leave a voicemail. Someone will return your
call or respond by email as soon as possible.

For additional information about working remotely see these resources for
faculty <https://keep-teaching.umn.edu/> and students
<https://disability.umn.edu/news/message-students-re-covid-19-drc-and-accommodations>
.

*This message is confidential and should only be read by its intended
recipient. If it is not addressed to you, please do not read it, delete,
and inform the sender.*