[Athen] LaTex and Accessibility - I need some help

kerscher at montana.com kerscher at montana.com
Wed Jun 3 18:46:05 PDT 2020

Hello,

For sure MathML is the way to go!!!

In the WordToEPUB tool, MathML is supported. Some of the EPUB Reading Apps faithfully present MathML visually, and Assistive Technology, like Jaws and NVDA can also access the MathML.

There is also an experimental feature in WordToEPUB That is LaTex to EPUB, which is so cool, you would not believe it. This is the future for those professors in the Math department that are married to LaTex.

We at DAISY are working on an EPUB and MathML test file that looks at a range of MathML approaches, and we expect to make a set of recommendations to publishers in the next few months.

If you want to get involved, email, kerscher at montana.com <mailto:kerscher at montana.com>

Best

George