[Athen] Is anyone sending hard copy materials directly to students?

Debbie Krahmer dkrahmer at colgate.edu
Sun Mar 29 17:35:43 PDT 2020

I know some people are quarantining mail for a few days to be safe. Just
don’t lick the envelope. Use glue and/or tape to be extra safe.

Thanks,
D.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 6:52 PM Sean Loraas <sloraas at austincc.edu> wrote:

> Hope this finds you all safe and social distancing. Since our transition

> to working from home and all of our classes going online, I have the

> equipment to produce raised line graphics at home and send them via US

> mail, directly to students. But I want to verify that there is no risk to

> students. Is anyone else doing this?

> CDC and WHO Organizations report mailed packages carry very low risk of

> infection from COVID-19, but I want to see if anyone is doing this.

> Specifically with hardcopy Braille or tactile graphics.

> Thanks for your help.

> Sean Loraas

> Accessibility Technician/Tutor

> Alt. Text & Media

> Austin Community College

> Riverside Campus

> Building G 9154

> 512.223.6034 Voice/message

> (Sent from my phone, please forgive any typos I failed to catch.)

Debbie Krahmer
Preferred Pronouns: D/no pronouns

Associate Professor in the Libraries
Accessible Technology & Government Documents Librarian
304 Case-Geyer
Colgate University
315-228-6592
dkrahmer at colgate.edu