[Athen] Captioning requirements in the age of Coronavirus

Million, Carrie CMillion at dvc.edu
Mon May 4 15:05:46 PDT 2020

I wonder if any other campus is wrestling with this?

Our campus is switching to almost 100% online instruction for fall semester due to Coronavirus. Our faculty are understandably concerned about the amount of time they will need to spend editing captions for all asynchronous lecture videos they create.

Assuming the videos are only used for fall semester (since we're hoping spring will be back on campus) would it be permissible to caption these lectures only if a student has identified a need as an accommodation?

Thanks,
Carrie Million