[Athen] The accessibility issues nobody's discussing

Erik Ferguson erik.ferguson at pcc.edu
Fri May 8 12:26:26 PDT 2020

Thanks so much Debee. I know you are frustrated and struggling somewhat but
I don't find these posts to be rants. I think your concerns are articulate,
valid and wide spread. Thank you for the permission to forward. I plan to
do so.

Best Regards,
Erik

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 9:18 AM Travis Roth <travis at travisroth.com> wrote:

> Hi Debee,

> You have a lot of interesting points.

> Juggling two screens is hard.

> As for your Zoom audio and handout issue, there is a solution for this

> one. At least on Windows. You can go into Zoom Settings find keyboard, and

> in here find keyboard shortcuts for actions including Mute/Unmute my audio.

> By default it is Alt+a and is not a global shortcut, and here is the key.

> There is a checkbox to make a keystroke global, so when this is on and you

> are in a meeting you can mute/unmute the audio without switching to the

> actual Zoom meeting window.

> Travis

Erik Ferguson
Alternative Media Technician
PCC Disability Services Assistive Technology Team
Contact us for questions and support at:
Phone: 971-722-TECH (971-722-8324)
access-tech-group at pcc.edu
*Please Note: I am not in office Tuesday or Thursday. For immediate
response please use the email and number listed in signature above.*