[Athen] New Videos Introduce Web Accessibility - Great for Your GAAD

Howard Kramer hkramer at ahead.org
Fri May 15 07:33:08 PDT 2020

Please excuse the cross-posts.

Passing along this announcement from the Education and Outreach Working
Group of WAI:

The Accessibility Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) has
published 5 short *videos that introduce evaluation resources* from
the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), at:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/test-evaluate/

The animated videos cover:
* Easy Checks — A First Review of Web Accessibility
* Evaluation Tools
* Conformance Evaluation, including the Report Tool
* Involving Users in Web Accessibility

You can use the videos freely under a Creative Commons License,
including in upcoming Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
promotions and events. Other resources particularly relevant for GAAD
include:
* Video Introduction to Web Accessibility and W3C Standards
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/videos/standards-and-benefits/>
* Web Accessibility Perspectives videos that demonstrate how
accessibility is essential for some and useful for all
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/perspective-videos>
* Free online course (through September 2020): Introduction to Web
Accessibility <https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/12/free-online-course-introduction-to-web-accessibility/>

We encourage you to share this information and include @w3c_wai #a11y #GAAD
Here's a tweet you can use:
https://twitter.com/w3c_wai/status/1260952007688544256

Regards,
Shawn Henry, WAI Outreach and EOWG W3C Staff Contact
Sharron Rush, EOWG Co-Chair
Brent Bakken, EOWG Co-Chair

--
Regards,
Howard

Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator
Accessing Higher Ground
303-492-8672
cell: 720-351-8668

Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel,
Colorado, Nov 16-20, 2020. Request for proposals will open up in early
March. Sign up to our mailing list to receive announcements
<https://accessinghigherground.org/about/#Join_Our_Mailing_List>.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up
of Spring 2020 webinars
<https://www.ahead.org/events-programming/webinars/2020-spring-webinars>. Site
capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your
earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.
<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*