[Athen] SPSS 26 and JAWS

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at arizona.edu
Thu May 28 20:12:05 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I've read through the archives and it looks like SPSS working with JAWS was spotty, at best. Is this still the case? I'm working with a student who is using JAWS 2020 and SPSS 26 and JAWS won't read any thing behind the window titles. I tried typing in the cell and JAWS wouldn't even read the text typed in the cell.

We made sure that SPSS installed and recognized that JAWS is installed on the machine. This is a Windows 10 machine, 64 bit.

I'll keep searching online for solutions but I'm afraid there isn't much out there that I can see with an initial search. Thanks!

Thank you,
Dawn

Dawn Hunziker
IT Accessibility Consultant, Sr. | Disability Resources
The University of Arizona | hunziker at arizona.edu<mailto:hunziker at arizona.edu>
drc.arizona.edu<http://drc.arizona.edu/> | itaccessibility.arizona.edu<http://itaccessibility.arizona.edu/>