[Athen] Unexpected zoom challenges in my online course (long)

glen walker glen.walker at gmail.com
Fri May 29 08:53:24 PDT 2020

Some really good points and shows how accessibility is so tied with
usability. Just because the mute button itself is accessible does not mean
it's a usable experience.

But speaking of mute, are you using the shortcut key to mute/unmute rather
than navigating to the button itself? You still have the issue that the
window must have focus in order to use the shortcut key and then switch
back to the other window to hear/read the contents. I have a little cheat
sheet of mute shortcut keys for various online platforms such as zoom,
webex, goto meeting.

zoom - alt+a
goto meeting- ctrl+alt+a
google hangouts - ctrl+d