[Athen] Job: Digital Library Applications Developer at University of Michigan Library

Angelina Zaytsev azaytsev at umich.edu
Fri Nov 20 12:22:38 PST 2020

Hello all! The University of Michigan Library is looking for a Digital
Library Applications Developer. The position will primarily support
software development for the HathiTrust Digital Library. We are
particularly keen to find someone who has knowledge of
accessibility requirements, experience building inclusive software, and is
committed to diversity and anti-racism values.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the position or working
at the University of Michigan Library.

Full position description and application are available online
<https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/191618/digital_library_applications_developer>
.

DIGITAL LIBRARY APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER

The University of Michigan Library is seeking a skilled developer to help
create and maintain large scale digital library systems. The successful
candidate will work as part of a team of programmers, librarians, and
designers on major initiatives. This position will be, for the foreseeable
future, primarily focused on software development for HathiTrust
<https://www.hathitrust.org/>.

Required Qualifications

- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and three or
more years experience, or an equivalent amount of experience and education.
- Demonstrated programming skills in a modern programming language.
- Experience developing highly interactive, database-driven,
user-focused web applications.
- Demonstrated group work experience.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to discuss why we develop what we
develop.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understands and values diversity and the importance of inclusion as
demonstrated through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences,
complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
- Ability to perform the work remotely on a regular or temporary basis
including maintaining work relationships, overall communication, meetings,
training, professional development, etc.

~~
Angelina Zaytsev
User Services Librarian
HathiTrust <http://www.hathitrust.org/>