[Athen] Voice Recognition on the Macintosh

Schwarte, David M. schwarte at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:19:48 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I have a student who needs to use voice recognition on the Macintosh for both typing and mouse commands. It has been a few years since I have looked into this. We used to have a license for Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Macintosh. I think the current best option would be to use the build in voice recognition. . Is this still true? If so, are there any good tutorials for learning to use the voice command features on the Mac? I remember this being somewhat confusing, when I looked at it, since there was a separate utility for commands and a Siri for voice.

Thanks,
David Schwarte