[Athen] Canvas Speed Grader Dark Mode?

Heather Mariger heather.mariger at chemeketa.edu
Tue Oct 27 14:58:18 PDT 2020

Greetings,

Sorry for the cross-listing but I am completely stumped by this one...

I had a faculty member reach out and ask for help - he is mostly blind and
requires a dark background with light text.

We just switched to Canvas and, while most of Canvas works with tools like
Dark Mode and High Contrast, the *documents* in SpeedGrader are not
affected by the apps so are still black on white.

The High Contrast Extension in Chrome will work for the first one but then
breaks when he moves to the next.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue or have any advice or tools that I
could share with him?

Thanks,
H.

*Heather Mariger*
*Digital Accessibility Advocate*

*Pronouns: She/Her*

*Center for Academic Innovation*
*Chemeketa Community College*
*4000 Lancaster Drive NE - 9/126A*
*Salem, OR 97305*

503.589.7832

*Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to
dance. *
Verna Myers, author and speaker

[image: Chemeketa Community College Logo - Wearing is Caring - Mask Up!
#chemeketacares.]