[Athen] Accessibility of Whova

Stephanie Lazarus slazar at umbc.edu
Mon Sep 14 14:45:06 PDT 2020

Howard,

Mid-Atlantic ADA is hosting their annual conference via Whova online as-we-speak. I’m attending as an online participant. This is a big question, so I would direct you to their staff for consolidated feedback about accessibility, as they would want a subsequent conference to build on their experience. It might be hard to reach them while the conference is underway, though I could imagine their staff attending AHG, so there might be someone with crossover who has done some due diligence on accessibility.

So far, it’s been smooth as an app for engagement and several sessions, after roughly 4 days in. They did have an unnamed glitch this morning that was overcome by pushing out the session on Zoom. They emailed the link to participants well ahead of the 10:30 start time.

Best wishes with the conference,

Stephanie Lazarus
Accessibility Manager; ADA/Sec. 504 Coordinator
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle Math/Psych 218
Baltimore, MD 21250
410-455-5745