[Athen] Accessible Digital Content - Still Need PDF

Amanda Ryan webs0078 at umn.edu
Tue Sep 15 03:56:23 PDT 2020

Good morning! We are currently required to create PDFs for many projects because they were promised to funders. We are trying our hardest to push people away from PDFs, but it will be years before we get to a place of zero PDFs.

We always create an accessible digital version, which is what we put front and center, but people still want the PDF available.

How do others handle the situation where you have an accessible digital version, but you still need to have a PDF version?

Amanda Ryan
Academic Technologist | Institute on Community Integration | ici.umn.edu <http://govrelations.umn.edu/>
University of Minnesota | umn.edu <http://umn.edu/>
webs0078 at umn.edu <mailto:anedoe at umn.edu> | 612-626-0246