[Athen] Archive.org question

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Mon Sep 28 15:50:40 PDT 2020

I had used archive.org for recreation but never before to download textbooks.

I am finding several textbooks my students need there.

I have been granted disability access, but even before that, I could download the books I wanted in Daisy. However I got this message when I tried to open the files:
"The content of this book is protected. To read this book, you must use a device that has the appropriate key installed"

Now I have a learning ally and a BARD key installed on all of our Daisy players plus all my personal players here at home.

But I have three questions:

1) These books are etext and the players that need keys are audio only. How is this key thing supposed to work?

2) Even if I do get a key, how am I supposed to convert this file to the format my students need and/or want? The key is for a player, not a converter. Was I supposed to download in a different format?

3) And how do I get a key, anyway?

--Debee