[Athen] Chromebook question

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Wed Sep 30 09:39:33 PDT 2020

We don't use Chromebooks at all in our college; we're strictly Office 365. In fact we are discouraged from using the desktop office clients, but I use them anyway.

One of my students says she cannot open the Word files I've sent her - attached to emails on a Chromebook. We do see students coming in from high school who only have Chromebooks.

Is there any reason a Chromebook couldn't open a Microsoft Word doc prepared with the desktop version of Word 2016?

What else should I know about providing alt media to students who use Chromebooks?

--Debee