[Athen] Anyone used a Moleskine Pen+ ???

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:07:36 PDT 2021

Heidi et al ATHEN--ites

The Moleskine and set has not received very good reviews: the pen is overly
large and difficult to hold onto for some people. The focus of the camera
is difficult to get set straight & at the right angle on the paper. A fully
charged pen only lasts about four hours which may not be enough to cover a
student for an entire day's worth of classes and/or notetaking. It's
handwriting recognition is subpar. It just doesn't seem like a good bargain
investment as a notetaking/recording accommodation for students.

I have heard that the Neo-Smart Pen is a much more reliable and robust
product. Here's a link for more information:https://www.neosmartpen.com/en/

Take a look and see what you think. Hopefully others will have
recommendations for more tools that can replace the hard to find Echo pens.

Wink Harner
Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .