[Athen] Pandoc, EquatIO, Grind EQ, MathType

Kurkjian, Nazely Nazely.Kurkjian at suny.edu
Wed Aug 25 10:04:13 PDT 2021

If the plan is to release the book with an open license, reach out to the PreTeXt team. That’s the LaTeX based book publishing that creates an online version that uses mathjax and a PDF from the same source material.

Putting things into the PreTeXt format is a conversion process, but one that is being offered for free to those who plan to release their books with an open license.

https://pretextbook.org/conversions.html

One caveat about this. They are doing the conversion for people who plan to make the PreTeXt version the primary format.

Sample Pretext book on the web: https://pretextbook.org/examples/sample-book/noparts/html/sample-book.html
Same content as a PDF: https://pretextbook.org/examples/sample-book/noparts/sample-book.pdf

Some people in the Open Community really like PreTeXt, because you can integrate practice problems from WeBWorK as formative assessment.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D75EA2.7393FBF0]
Nazely Kurkjian, CPACC (she/hers)
SUNY System EIT Accessibility Officer
The State University of New York
H. Carl McCall Building - Albany, New York 12246